Most Common Causes and Effective Treatment for Fast Disc Herniation Pain Relief!
Most Common Causes Disc Herniation
Chiropractor Ferndale MI (248) 291-6873
Chiropractor Macomb Township MI (586) 566-2273
The two major cause of disc herniation result from a major or minor trauma.
Minor trauma is doing repetitive task over and over again, that can start to wear on the disc and cause the bulging.
The major trauma is a fast injury such as a car injury. The sudden impact on the disc tissue cause immediate breakdown of the circular fibers which surround the disc causing the disc nucleus to herniate.
How Chiropractic Helps Disc Herniation
The chiropractic care can helps with spinal disc herniations or disc bulges affecting three main areas.
When we deliver the chiropractic treatment it helps to open the disc space relieving pressure on a herniated disc.
By relieving the disc pressure this allows the nerve irritations to be reduced which helps to subside the related pain.
Also when the nerve pressure is reduces the reflex muscle spasm diminish relieving associated muscle spasms.
Therapy to Relieve Disc Herniation
Some of the therapies we use to relieve disc herniations and disc bulges:
- Spinal disc decompression creates a negative pressure within the disc essentially retracting the disc herniation.
- Ice therapy is used to decrease the inflammation by contracting the vessels and decrease the nerve conducton or pain signal.
- Cold laser therapy stimulates healing at the cellular level by promoting cellular regeneration which speeds up the recovery process.
- Electrical muscle stimulation is a mild form of electrical current which reduces muscle spams associated with disc herniation and nerve irritation. E-stim also alters the nerve conduction signal which acts like an electrical nerve block reducing pain.
- Intersegmental traction therapy is a passive motion therapy which gently moves the spinal bones thereby decreasing inflammation and increasing spinal mobility without pain.
Spinal Disc Decompression Therapy
Spinal disc decompression helps to reduce disc herniation and reduce the likelihood of surgery.
We place a special harness on the upper abdomen and lower pelvis to act a a stabilizing intermittent traction
The spinal decompression therapy gently separates the spine causing a pulling and release effect. It is the combination when appropriately applied that creates separation within the intervertebral space creating a vacuum The vacuum effect pulls the disc herniation back into the intervertebral disc space reducing the disc herniation.
One of the main reasons spinal disc decompression therapy is effective in relieving disc herniation is the therapy overcomes the body’s natural response to contract. This in effect allows for greater pull and greater response.
Call for Disc Herniaton Therapy:
Ferndale MI: Call (248) 291-6873
Macomb Township MI: Call (586) 566-2273