Most Common Causes and Effective Treatment for Fast Whiplash Injury Pain Relief!
Common Cause Whiplash Injury
Chiropractor Ferndale MI (248) 291-6873
Chiropractor Macomb Township MI (586) 566-2273
There are three collisions involved in a whiplash injury.
First the impact of you body hitting the interior of the vehicle
Second, the inside of your brain continue to move forward and impacts the interior of the skull
Third, a reflexive response results in the brain being whiplash back to the opposite side of the skull colliding with the interior.
The reason a whiplash injury can result in significant injury is there is no guarding. The impact of a whiplash injury catches the victim off guard and therefore the body’s protective muscle guarding are not activated leaving the tissue highly vulnerable to injury.
How Chiropractic Relieves Whiplash Injury
Chiropractic spinal manipulation has been shown to greatly help the whiplash injury. The chiropractic treatment helps the patient with three physiological effects.
- First, chiropractic treatment helps relieve associated disc pressure.
- Second, the chiropractic treatment aids to relieve spinal joint jamming restoring normal joint motion.
- Third, the chiropractic treatment relieves associated pinching of the spinal nerves.
All three of these injuries are typically present in a whiplash injury.
Therapy to Relieve Whiplash Injury
Each therapy used in treating a whiplash injury is specific to the therapeutic results desired.
- Electrical muscle stimulation is a mild for of electrical current used to decrease muscle spasms and inflammation.
- Spinal decompression therapy is used to separate spinal joint spaces relieving joint pressure resulting from a whiplash injury.
- Cold laser therapy reduces pain and inflammation by stimulation regeneration of the spinal nerves.
A complete examination would determine the extent of the whiplash injury and which treatment protocol would be most effective to relive your whiplash injury.
Call for Whiplash Injury Relief:
Ferndale MI: Call (248) 291-6873
Macomb Township MI: Call (586) 566-2273